Thursday, March 4, 2010

Unique Tattoo Machines

Stuck in the airport during my 12 hour layover – I decided to check out pulse tattoo blog. http://pulsetattooblog.blogspot.com/ I try to check them out every few months – or whenever I am in the mood to see what new stuff is out there. Today I noticed this article or blog about Larry Ross. Which led me to this page: http://www.bodyblendstudio.com/ - all I can say is, “really wild”. It is hard to see from the images which are kinda’ sepia or old school-ish – but I can just imagine the complexity of these custom machines. I can’t wait to grab one or two from Larry. I am going to give him a call next week to see what he has in his supply. Not for use in actual tattooing – but I would love to have one of these machines put in an acrylic case on the wall in my home office.

It is one of those things, tattoo has evolved so much – but the actual gear has not been changed as much as you would think. I mean, for 2010 we should be tattooing with mind controlled lasers or something… you would think. I love my coil machines, and I definitely think my rotary machines have their place. I have never used a pneumatic machine, but I have heard good and bad about them. Other than the whole 1.5 coil setups and plastics; tattoo machines have really remained unchanged in general concept (obviously I am not considering the whole pneuma thing – don’t get me wrong that is a giant revolution.. I just don’t have firsthand experience).
Either way, be sure to check out Larry Ross, and if you know of a really unique machine builder – let me know so I can check em out, or give them some free publicity on here.
A good note for those of you who are tattoo apprentice level: The quality of your machine will NOT determine the quality of your tattoo (write that down, and stop trying to buy a $600 machine thinking you will be the next Niko – practice – practice – practice – watch your mentor – and then practice some more).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that a Tattoo Apprenticeship is the Best way to go...