Friday, February 1, 2013

Costal Waters Tattoo Machine

Costal Waters tattoo machine review on Tattoo Radar

http://www.papillonsupply.com

I purchased two of these machines a while back, one in liner and one in shader configuration. Papillion is well known for their starbrite tattoo pigment, but these machines are definitely on a lo tof people’s radar. Great price and solid design, these machines are my favorites. The shader more so than the liner. They tend to be on the heavier side as far as machines go, but nothing too extravagant. I cannot stress enough how well these machines run and how classic the geometry is. The only thing that bugs the hell out of me with them is the hardware is primarily composed of cross tip screws, which I am not a fan of. I immediately rip these off and replace (only 10 minute job that costs a dollar for some new hardware) them and I am back in business. This minor hassle is definitely overshadowed by the perfection of th way these machines run. I think it is a combination of the springs and the coils, but I love these machines.

PROS: Runs amazing, stays in tune, ferrous frame, solid coils, Percy Waters geometry.

CONS: Cross-tip screws for hardware.

RATING: 8/10


Costal Waters Tattoo Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that a Tattoo Apprenticeship is the Best way to go...