Friday, February 1, 2013

Eikon EMS300

Eikon EMS300 on Tattoo Radar

http://www.eikondevice.com

If your best friend jumped off a bridge would you? Eikon comes up with amazing solid products and their innovation has helped a ton of new tattoo artists to rapidly and consistently excel at their trade. The EMS line of power supplies is no exception to that legacy. The 300 series was the hot shit in town for a while until it started to get knocked off left and right. I am pretty sure the cyclone was mass produced after the EMS 300? Either way, this power supply was a huge jump (in my opinion) forms the EMS200 that we all thought was really fancy and kind of cute. This power supply measures some important things for those of us who love to know every inch of the process or who want to try to replicate a good day at the office at a later date. I have to say that I was disappointed when the first batch of these power supplies arrived at our tattoo studio, we pulled them out of the box and it was like I had just watched a bunch of guys jump off the bridge. The Eikon EMS300 works very well, but feels kind of cheap and flimsy. I have a feeling that all magic happens with the computer circuit board inside that allows the unit to be really light. I have seen and used some knock off Eikon EMS 300 style power supplies, and I have seen them fall apart after a few weeks of use. While the EMS 300 seems cheap and flimsy, it is actually pretty well built. The metered stuff is cool if you are the type of person who loves to know all that kind of information. I personally use it when building machines, just to check out where I am in the build. It is a great tool and I recommend that you get one of the Eikon EMS line power supplies, but I personally prefer to tattoo with my plain Jane Pulse power supply. The Eikon EMS 300 gets the job done, and I love the technology and innovation from this company. Every artists tattoos differently and uses their own tools that they are comfortable with. As a general review of this product I have to say it is one of the most technologically advanced power supplies out there, it runs consistent, and it is handy. As a personal preference I don’t like to tattoo with it though.

PROS: Everything you want to know about how your machine is running is right there. Easy to cover with plastic wrap. Huge knob for adjusting power. Runs clean and consistent.

CONS: Feels kind of cheap as far as the weight of the device.

RATING: 8/10


Eikon EMS300

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that a Tattoo Apprenticeship is the Best way to go...