Friday, January 25, 2013

What makes a tattooist tic?

Tattoo drawing for CR Jordan's "This May Sting a bit" Book What Makes a Tattoo Artist Tic?

 I am often asked how I got into tattooing and how I knew I wanted to be a tattoo artist. I get these types of questions from clients at the shop and even from strangers who bump into me at the store.

My personal tattoo journey started in the ninth grade when a good friend and I decided we were going to attempt to poke tattoos into our thighs several inches above our kneecaps. This was a logical place to perform a “self tattoo” because of the sitting position and being able to control the “canvas.” We didn’t know anything about tattooing or how to begin but it seemed pretty common sense to start with a needle wrapped with thread and a bottle of India ink snagged from art class. Less painful than anticipated, the tiny tattoos we walked away with were smaller than an inch in diameter but made us feel like we were big shit.

 

More of this type of information w/ some really fun illustrations will be in the new book! Any day now.. any day now!!!


What makes a tattooist tic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that a Tattoo Apprenticeship is the Best way to go...